And welcome to my personal training website. This is day one of the big reveal & to be honest this site has yet to reach my expectations due to the numerous things I have yet to upload (products, podcast, videos, and the lack of information, etc) but don't fret because it is a work in progress & will transform into something I can be proud of & hopefully something many of you can be proud of as well. In this "welcome" blog post, I want to make sure I go over some information that might be of concern:
1) My training & nutrition prices are always subject to change (but I will always give notice beforehand if this should occur)
2) My website will continue to be under construction --- so keep an eye out for new things; my hope is it will be completely finished by the end of 2019
3) The kind of products I want to create: tshirts, tanks, activity planners, headbands, fanny paks, sell my own ebook and much more --but it will be a slow process since I am new at it
4) My blog post will be informative, fun, and hopefully something that grasp your attention (videos, articles, current events, sharing of my views on fitness/health, debatable topics, updates, motivation/inspirational post, exercise tips/how to instructions (correct form/technique), Q&A, health related topics, recipes, trivia, mind and body post, guest post, nutritional information, announcements, and much much more to come)
5) I want this space to be comfortable, so feel free to always leave feedback & I enjoy having comments left on the blog so I can stay engaged with all of you
6) my podcast will be hopefully up and running by the end of 2018, or sometime in 2019 ( it will go over some of the same things as my blog post, have interviews, guest speakers, and of course I will try to make it fun and worth your while
7) Yes, I train both men & women -- I feel as though not enough women train men & that can be for multiple reasons but in my opinion I think women trainers can be just as good as any man training another man. It comes down to being open minded and trusting your trainer will give you results & it comes down to the trainer having the will to learn, be confident with themselves and what they are able to bring to the table, knowledgeable (or seeking more knowledge in order to deliver) and being comfortable with the person you are training and vice versa.
8) I am not a nutritionist, nurse, or doctor of any sorts -- but I plan on building a network of these health providers in case I need to utilize them for my clients.
9) Yes, I am CPR / First Aid Certified
10) In the future I want to offer boot camps, seminars, speaking engagements at events/schools -- be on the lookout
11) My workouts will take place inside a gym -- but in the summer and spring, it would be awesome to do some outside workouts (so be prepared for that)
12) I am willing to travel to a gym near you (assuming it is Ohio & within an appropriate distance), BUT, BIG BUT, it will need to be planned out in advance & as of now, I won't train people I don't know personally at their homes (safety first)
13) I am not the best personal trainer alive, nor will I ever declare that or meet that expectation but anything I struggle with, I look into, anything I can't answer = I will do the research, anything I can't demonstrate -- I won't teach you for safety reasons & any time I don't meet your expectations I will look into a solution.
14) I am not a fitness "nazi", everyone has their vices (sweets, salty snacks, smoking, drinking, fried foods, pop, Netflix and don't move all day LOL, etc) but I'm not your jury nor judge, I take all of those things into consideration when I talk with you and train you (especially if they hinder your results) but I am not a trainer to lecture you because most people know what they need to do, they just need someone to keep them accountable. I'm not asking you to quit things you enjoy because I don't want to quit eating pizza, burgers and tacos; but I will always be honest in telling you if I believe something you consume needs to be moderated so you can achieve your goals.
15) if you are struggling financially at some point and it hinders you from training with me -- be upfront and honest with me, your money isn't as important as your health; chances are I still want to train you because I care & chances are I've hit many financial bumps in the road to know what its like. While this is a business and I want to make a livable income, obstacles are bound to happen but I am still willing to work with you if you are still willing to put in the time (we will figure something out; so DON'T QUIT)
16) in the training and nutritional prices, I mention discounts I give, but chances are I will hand out discounts for multitude of things (bringing a friend, testimonies, your occupation, financial hardships, holiday training sessions, etc -- don't be afraid to ask me for them & don't be shocked if I just bring it up in conversation to save you money.
17) Anybody is welcome to train with me -- I don't discriminate. You will notice on many of my social media platforms I am open about many things about myself. I want people to be comfortable being who they are with me, because I will be who I am with you.
18) I will always give you my all as a trainer & so give me your all as well. I am not easy, but I won't be a drill Sargent either, I believe in you and I will push you past what is comfortable because you have to be willing to challenge yourself in order to see the best results
19) I won't tolerate bullshit -- any form of disrespect or inappropriate behavior. I will give each of my clients the respect they deserve & respect your boundaries, and I would like the same in return.
20) My philosophy is to build a person inside and out (mind & body)-- I want to help give you physical results that lead to you having a better mentality, more positive mindset, inner self confidence, and a good balance between the mind and body. Many athletes are physically strong but mentally weak, or have great physical characteristics but their mental state suffers. In my blogs (especially when I create the get to know me blog post, you will learn more about my mental state and my day to day struggles but how fitness/health has helped me and hindered me)
21) I never want you to think of me as someone you want to resemble or amount to (I don't mind being a good role model or inspiration) but I don't want it to be about "I can't wait to have arms like yours" etc, I want your focus to be, being better, stronger, faster than me and being your best self & feeling your best.
22) If you ever have questions: don't hesitate to ask me. If I don't have the answer right away, I will do the proper research or point you in the right direction to get an answer.
23) Cancellations result in no refunds if they are less than 24 hours in advance (unless an emergency should arise) If I have to cancel or reschedule, I will give a 24-48 hour notice on my part. My time is precious and your time is as well, so the goal is to give as much notice as possible so that both parties can plan around it.
24) HAVE FUN! & SMILE OFTEN! I want you to enjoy the process (not every workout will be a great day, but every workout will lead to a new experience or add to your perspective and sometimes your workout will shock you with what you are capable of doing)
Now, I probably left out other mentions but these were the ones that popped up in my head first. I will always have you sign a waiver form before starting your workouts as a reminder. If you are training via online -- I will email the waiver to you and have you sign it. My goal is to bring the community together & learn as I go, each person will be trained as an individual because you're all unique and differ in strengths & weaknesses. I'm not perfect, I will mess up, make mistakes and encounter many new obstacles along the way; bare with me as I train you because trial and error allows for me to find the middle ground. I'm open minded, so anything I learn from a client is a bonus for me, because the world is changing -- to keep my ACSM certification I have to have CECs to keep me up to date with the fitness industry but it's always good to be informed of new things that I might have not heard or been aware of.
FYI - I won't video, or take pictures of clients unless I have their written consent & this includes any testimonies as well. I respect your privacy and all information will be confidential unless otherwise stated & with permission.
Thank you for reading, excited to work with you! Don't forget to read the "About me" section.